Wednesday, November 01, 2006

And for the next challenge...


I have broken yet another computer.
I don't know how it happens.
I know nothing about computers
And therein probably lies the problem.

I killed my macbook.
That's like Lauren killing the mercedes.
It takes talent to ruin such good things.

So now begins a very fun game.
It's called "Fix your computer in Italy."
Think Amazing Race.



That's right.
Even though its Claire and Jess' dream, I'm going to live it for them.
I'd much rather be on Project Runway or America's Next Top Model, but oh well.

I have hunted down Apple stores in Florence, all to no avail.
But I did find one in Rome.
So now I have to book tickets to Rome on a train,
get off and try to find a store I've never been to,
and attempt to explain the problem despite my ignorance of computers and of Italian.

Fabulous.
Maybe that cool "check point" guy will show up and tell me how fast I accomplished my tasks.

I've been thinking...
Since this is my second computer to lose,
Maybe after this year I will become a hermitess who does not depend on technology.
I could live in a cool grass hut.
Wear a hula skirt.
Have someone mail me VHS' of Gilmore Girls.
(VHS does so not count as technology...)

Perfect!
Who's with me?
I want to be a hermitess with friends.



(claire & jess-- don't worry, i will train you in my skills for a small fee.)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sarray's computer,

Get well soon!

Love,

D.O.

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This posting should be forwarded to Steve Jobs.

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I do expect detailed notes on how to win this game! Sarah, you can do it (say it like Bela Karoli did to Keri Strug during the 1996 olympics when she needed a certain score on the vault for the USA team to win the gold)!!!!!

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the gymnastics reference bunkmate. i appreciate that. and yes, i can do this. even if i twist my ankle and am wearing a leotard. i will survive.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your poor, poor Mac. Mr. HP likes being your friend in the meantime, but he wants his dear friend Mac back. He can't sleep at night without the snoring light illuminating the room.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

AWWW sadness! Our Mac infused Salerno team will send you good vibes!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home