Thursday, October 12, 2006

A little anniversary present



Many of you have never seen the face pictured above with me.

But many of you have heard about her.

Look carefully, she is one of the reasons I came back to Italy.

She is the one person that I have ever felt super connected to without even speaking the same language.

Everyone, meet Marina.
My Marina.
We met 3 years ago.
We knew each other for one month and cried when I had to leave.
She gave me a coffee pot.

And since I got here we have been trying to meet.
Text messages have been very frustrating.
I actually called her one time, feeling very confident in my language ability.
That was a funny phone call.
I was quickly humbled and we've stuck to texting ever since.

When I was assinged to the Architecture faculty team, the first thing I thought of was Marina.
She's an architecture major.

So the other day--my one month anniversary of being in Florence,
I was sitting in the cafe with my two teammates,
and guess what....

Marina just waltzed on in.
We were both speechless.
It was a combination of being so suprised and having no Italian words to express my joy!
What a great way to finish one month!

We had lunch and she told me I got prettier since the last time I was here.
She's so my favorite Italian.

Divine appointments really make my day.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have goose bumps BIG time!
Sarah what a sweet picture of the way that the Lord directs our steps! And how fun to put a face with the name!

I love you-

La

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sara(h)- We found your blog through Brooke Brandon's...we were in training with her this summer and are in the same region of the world. We just wanted to let you know that we like your blog and we'll be checking it out regularly. (we're not on Brooke's links bc our country isn't as open as hers)...but since we dropped in on your life, feel free to do so in ours. anthonyandsharon.blogspot.com
And the Marina story is great...tomorrow I'm meeting my "Shazrina" whom I met two years ago here. I hope it goes as well as yours!
Keep up the good blogging!

3:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that face. It hung in my room for two years! I'm so so so so so happy that y'all have reunited! A great anniversary present indeed!

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww... I love Marina. She's my favorite other than that very cool guy from the video? The boy you also knew from your previous trip? Those two are my favorites.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After re-reading my initial post, I realize that some of my punctuation marks are pretty confusing... that's because I got too excited and got ahead of myself. Sorry.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

that's so exciting!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home