Sunday, October 01, 2006

Mi chiamo Sara.

I am no longer allowed to be Sarah.
What I thought of myself, must be erased.
Italians don't do H's.
My name is wrong.
Sorry Mom.

So just call me Sara.
But with a long A sound.
The other way means night.
That's no good.

This learning a new lanugage thing is hard.
Besides having to change my identity, you have to study!

I just finished my first two weeks of intensive Italian language study.

It was a mix of fun and frustrating.
We had a wonderful teacher, Maria.



She spoke only in Italian....
She liked to call on people and make them answer stuff....
Most of the time we didn't understand the question....
Nothing like having a cute Italian woman raise her voice at you....

Most of the time I made up very impressive sentences like:
"i like spaghetti."
"the boy kissed the girl."
"my grandma is old."

Maria reprimanded me for the last one.
Apparently there are several words to choose from when describing age, and I chose poorly.

After the time we put into language boot camp, we got a reward!



That's right.
A mini vacation.
Go ahead, jealousy is the correct emotion in this case.

We rented cars and drove (more stories on this fact later) to a town outside of Florence and then took a side trip to the beach.
So, needless to say, I love ministry in Italy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you move to the other side of the atlantic ocean and change your identity and your language!!! have you forgotten about us all too??

i'm so sorry i missed your call today. we must catch up soon! i miss you more than you could ever know.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so it's like Sarray?

3:52 AM  
Blogger Hendrick Family said...

H's are over rated.

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, I guess if anyone was going to get to take a vacation so soon, it would be you. We do miss you and will think about you Thursday night when we're having the dinner at your house.
Zack

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home