Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Far and Away...



This is the comparison I get most often.

Maybe its an obsession with American pop culture.
Or maybe its that movies are the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about America.

It could be the blue eyes or the blonde hair.
Or the fact that I just look so different from them.

Whatever the reason may be, all Italians agree:

I look like Nicole Kidman.

One Italian boy doesn't even call me by my real name.
He keeps asking when I am going back to Australia and if he can be in my next movie.

I got this reaction three years ago.
I thought maybe time would take care of the apparent resemblance.
But no.
I am foreign, I have blue eyes, so naturally I must be Nicole Kidman.
Perfectly logical.

So, yea, Days of Thunder, Moulin Rouge, etc.
That was me.
You've all been Bewitched.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure glad to hear that Keith checked into rehab. Hope everything works out for you two.

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They should be comparing nicole to you... not the other way. We will put you in our prayers.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do they not see that you are way more tan than Nicole???

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are gorgeous no matter who you look like! I miss you like crazy! I cherish your updates. Tons of love...Gabe & Megan

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess the tan should be a dead giveaway, but alas, i am no longer "lauren's wedding tan" so pasty white is another characteristic that Nicole and I share.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pasty white too.

In China, everyone thought I looked like David Beckham...

too bad I don't.

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home