Sunday, September 24, 2006

I just called to say, "I love you."



Stevie Wonder knows his stuff.

He knows phone calls make people feel loved.

That's why the 2 week frustration of not being able to get our Lingo phone to work ended tonight amidst gleeful squeals.

We have tried so many things. Different plugs, different configurations, different electronic stores, and different Italian men trying to understand our predicament.

All to no avail.

We have had some small moments of victory.
Paolo was very nice and found the right adaptor for us.

True, he did want three kisses afterwards. But, hey, he did come through for us.

Katies has spent countless hours sitting with all the cords and boxes and computers sprawled out on the floor trying to assess the situation. (see picture above)

All we wanted was to call our family and friends and say--how much we care and that we mean it from the bottom of our hearts.

Not too much to ask.

Stevie wouldn't think so.

But the Lord heard our prayers and tonight Regina spent an hour on the phone with Jeffery.

We love Jeffery.
Nice American boy.

Lingo had to do something and we had to change something and then....



All the boxes were happy.
Then came the squealing.

So, Lingo is signed, sealed and delivered.
(Sorry I couldn't resist.)

Thanks Stevie. And Lingo. And Jeffery.
We are truly grateful.

May telephone-induced joy begin.

From Florence to wherever....its all possible now.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will give out the number in email.

I considered posting it on here, and even though the 8 of you that read this could be trusted, I opted to not announce our number to the internet.

Safety first.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for Lingo!!! You know how Momma's like to talk to their daughter's! Thanks to Regina and Katie for sticking with it till it worked. Ring, Ring

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like Sarah and her parents!

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am more than excited about LINGO! I cannot wait for a call...hint hint.
It made me smile that you accidently called Katie --- Hay! Thanks for the fun wall post. You make me happy. Love you.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Hendrick Family said...

My word, looking at all those wires makes me want to mail Aaron to you. He could fix it in a jiffy.

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we could have used an Aaron for sure, Heather.
any man who understands wires gets extra points in my book.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

who is jeffery?

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send me the number....I want to hear Sara's voice!!! (I am using your new name :)

Megan & Gabe

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home