Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Team Flo 2006



Above is a picture of where I have spent the past week. Notice the large white buidling known as the "tent of meeting." Inside that odd structure, I heard some amazing speakers and learned alot about living abroad. The information I gained this week is going to be so helpful when I move to Italy, but the most exciting part of the week was meeting my team. Look at how cute they are below:



Gary Runn (far left) is my team leader and Nicole (front and center) is our assistant team leader. She has lived in Florence for the past few years and is fluent in Italian. Super cool. There are two married couples on our team, Ryan and Lea Anne Turner from Louisiana and Matt and Cassie Lewis from Waxahachie. Katie and Regina are the other single girls and are amazing. They are both second year stinters, and are full of invaluable information. They made me feel so welcome and I am so excited to live with them. Kaite will be my roommate. Aren't we fun....



I am home now for the next 3 weeks until I leave on September 10th. I am so ready to be there! This past week was so great, it really made my heart ache not only for Florence and Italy, but for the world. I am so thankful that the Lord has chosen to use me in this way. To get to point people to the cross...what could be better?!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read your blog. there...are you satisfied?

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thoroughly.

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Italy is going to LOVE you!! It has been a wonderful summer with you...tears are here.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Hendrick Family said...

You are going to be the coolest American in Italy. Really.

I can't wait to see all the great things God uses you to do on the other side of the world.

Culture us, Sarah...we're depending on you!

Heather

4:19 AM  
Blogger D.O. said...

I like you Sarah.

4:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I am the HORRIBLE friend who thought of you on your birthday and then didn't write you! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! I love you so much!!! Praise the Lord for the way He is preparing your heart! See you soon!

Megan (& Gabe :)

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home