Saturday, August 05, 2006

Buon Giorno!

Welcome to my blog. I have high hopes for this little guy. I plan on covering all things Italy, ministry, and funny. I know--adventurous. But hey, go big or go home, right?

I wanted to let you all know that I am officially at 103% percent in my support raising. So can I get one big, "hallelujah!" Man, is the Lord ever faithful.

The next step in this ever evolving journey is training in Colorado. I am really excited, not only for the conference, but to meet my teammates. We have been emailing and they all seem great! One of them mentioned something about being a list-maker, so I know we will get along just fine.

I am getting into the emotional phase of the process as well. I am thoroughly ready for some new scenery, and try as they may Rachel, Phoebe and Chandler are not fulfilling my need for social interaction anymore. (Don't judge me, I could name names of those who not so long ago jumped into Dawson's Creek, but I won't stoop to that level.) This has been a summer of transition and it has held some very strange lessons. I know that for a while most of life from this point on is transition-like, but I am still adjusting. But just the same, ready as I am, I am still leaving for a year and that is super hard to wrap your brain around. So the teary moments have become more frequent.

How glad am I that the Lord is all those omni words?! You know, always there, everywhere!

Well I love you all. Thanks for putting up with my random thoughts and quirks. I wonder how the "bike horn" laugh is gonna go over in Florence?

sv

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet my teary moments last longer than your's!!! And yes, the Lord is faithful. You are a blessing to our family, and we love you tons.

4:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Little Black Dress Title!
You are so clever my sweet friend Sarah!
PRAISE JESUS for 103%- He is absolutely faithful! You are going to Italy-Its official! I can't wait to read about the many wonderful adventures that you will have! i love you-
LH

4:32 AM  
Blogger Hendrick Family said...

Sarah! A blog of your own! I will frequent this page!!!

I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do through you.

4:55 AM  
Blogger D.O. said...

anyone who wouldn't put up with your quirks and laughs is obviously missing out a whole stinkin' lot.

I agree with Lauren and Heather, you are very clever (which I really appreciate) and I too will frequent this page. I'm so excited for you Sarah!

and hey, thanks for the link

5:12 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

i am so stinkin happy you now have your own blog! what a wonderful day this is! i will look forward to reading your witty comments and fun stories. enjoy your time at home!!!! i love you.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

My Sweet Sarah- I am so excited that you have entered into the world of blogs! I am also excited that God has been so faithful to you... he is good like that! I can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!!

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my sarah. words cannot express my feelings of you leaving for a whole year. i will keep your bed warm for you as well as keep your parents lauging (i will do my best, but i don't know if your dad will get me like he gets you!). I am excited about your adventures and to hear all about them and to talk to you on your international cell phone (i get privelages of talking to sarah since i will be living with her parents--she has to call them, you know) and to just see all that the Lord will do in and through you. Okay, i'm tearing up. i must stop.

i love you, dearly.

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah! Cool blog! I hope you have the best time hanging out with the Italians, and may the love of Jesus pour out of you onto them! See you again soon!

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, did you notice the like i put on our blog? i changed yours for two reasons:
1. you are not allowed to plug yourself on our blog, someone else must do it (a rule i just made up)
2. you deserved something more than sarah in italy--you are worth a grande title (if that's what i gave you!)

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks claire! i love it! you're the best!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home