Saturday, August 19, 2006

Update from Colorado

Hello friends. I am still in Copper Mountain, Colorado. It is wierd to see a ski resort be totally green. During the summer people hook bikes to the lift and then take the lift to the top to ride their bikes down the runs. Pretty funny.

Also in the pretty funny category is the fact that we (campus crusade) are sharing a hotel complex with a Hasidic jewish group. So mixed in with the college sweatshirts and jeans are the ultra traditional, all black, single strand curls, and yamakahs. Its pretty comical. I also saw a jewish man in all his garb riding a scooter down the mountain, curls blowing in the wind. Priceless.

And in other news, I love my team. There are 7 of us. Two married couples and three single girls. I am so excited about doing ministry with them. There has been lots of laughter already--so you know I'll be fine.

I cannot describe the overwhelming feeling of being "right" here. It washes over me every once in a while, and the Lord has been so clear to show me that THIS is exactly where He wants me. Unbelievable.

The growth and lessons that will come from this year are going to be so amazing. The leadership I am under inspires me and I have had the scary thought of, "I could do this for a long time" quite often. Such an odd feeling.

I will post pictures asap so you can all memorize my team. They have already heard several stories about the chicks. One of our ice breakers was about halloween costumes...so needless to say I had some material to go off of.

I have sat through 5 days of seminars and talks and I have one more to go, so I will be processing all this great stuff for at least the next week. My personality quirks have already come out alot, and we talk about personality alot in learning about team dynamics. So I have been forced to recognize my "internal processing" need quite alot.

One thing that does not need processing: I love Italy and I can't wait to be there!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I have known for a long time now that you were in the "right" place. Also you should know that your blog has been read as far away as Santiago, Chile.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my little bunkmate! The things that the Lord is going to do in and through you will be amazing. I will be diligently praying for you through this next year.

I'm excited to get to spend the next three weeks with you while you really begin to hard core prepare mentally, physically, and spiritually for what the Lord has in store! I love you.

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In an hour and 15 minutes you will be a year older :) I'm so thankful that you were born and that the Lord brought you into my life. I LOVE YOU LOTS!

5:54 AM  
Blogger D.O. said...

aww... I like your team. And those Jews... a lot. See you soon kinfo'k.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home