Tuesday, July 15, 2008

From the Edge to the Lime Green Couch

I put Emily on a plane this morning.
And instead of mope, I decided to take a trip through memory lane.

If you think these pictures make us look silly....then you're right on.

Laughter was never in short supply in Via Ricasoli.
Nello, the Japanese girl and myself made sure of that.

This may be boring to most, but to a particular few they may capture the essence of one fantasically fun year.
Forgive me as I reminisce...


The shelves that became legendary.
Here they are seen in their infant stage.

Being fabulous at ALL times.
Making Tyra proud.

Embracing new countries.
Literally.

Always knowing the cool scene and keeping track of attractive Italians.
Collective total: 3

Being the most excellent tourists.
We always managed to find the hidden wonders.
And only got cultural on the "museums are free" days.

The things that took place in Via Ricasoli...Dance parites, Mallow ball, the "Can we borrow an egg" night.
Trouble all around.

Stalking each other from a distance.
And the power stance.

Battling the odors of Italy one nose at a time.

Waaaaay back at the beginning.
Another time, another place, another Via Ricasoli.

Sleeping in tight quarters.
Embracing wall to wall pink satin.

Hungry? Stubborn? Unhappy? --don't know
Hilarious? --absolutely

Playing games with our cameras.

Imitating our fabulous teammates.
The inspiration here will remain nameless.

Senior pictures at all major historical landmarks.
St. Francis was so patient with us.

Stealing things from cemeteries.
Not being able to breathe from laughing so hard.

Winter bike rides with friends.
Harmonizing our bike bells.
And again...the camera games.

Allowing each other to feel comfortable in our American skin.
Oh, and road trips.
Duh.

Parties. Dresses.
Not to mention... big heads.

Late night ridiculousness.
The Blue Chair trio strikes again.

Braving all kinds of Italian weather.
From blistery-pooh to the three-showers-a-day heat.

Partying like Italians.
Wine and plastic dixie cups?
Check.

Corporately buying into the Tuscan dream.
Grape harvesting and offering our free manual labor.
The day "Suckas" and "Rrrryan, pieno!!" were officially born.

And the bookshelves as they matured.
It seems only fitting that our year together be "bookended" by this well-loved masterpiece.


As I sit here in a blue chair with one fan pointed directly at me, I am missing you girls terribly.
My heart is full of the laughs we shared, the difficulties we overcame, and the true friendship we experienced.

I am about to go wash my feet in the bidet in your bathroom.

I am thinking about you and praying for you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

wow, that looks so fun! That amused me, if it didn't anybody else.....

6:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sarah i love it!!! i still laughing...

love you!

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW...totally loved your post. I think the people in Panera think I'm crazy b/c I'm laughing and getting emotional. My favorite emotions with the two of you. And you can still manage to evoke both of those even from across the world. Good to know. Love you girls.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautiful post...:) i am so happy for the memories you guys had together. love, ann (london)
p.s. i love those shelves, too!

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home