Monday, May 19, 2008

I see London



Last weekend I had the super fun opportunity to go to jolly ol' London with the team leaders from Rome.
Lauren and Matt made great traveling buddies and Lauren's British boyfriend Andy was the perfect guide.

The fact that I got to travel to England for the weekend blows my mind. And Ryan Air is ridiculously cheap. No leg room to speak of, but boy, do they cut the cost!
As usual, a little pictoral recap.

We started our travels in Rome.
We were very excited.


First on the list of things to do: Be American.
We loaded up on Starbucks. Hello Vanilla Latte.

And drank Dr. Pepper.
To Stinters in Italy this is like liquid gold.

We bought some tickets to see Les Miserables for that same night.
Although I was thinking Liam Neeson and Claire Danes, it was still fantastic.
Nose bleed seat + London = still pretty great.

And after strolling through Covent Garden, we were handed free candy.
London was treating us well at this point.

In the words of Lauren, "This day just keeps getting better and better!"



After seeing the sights, you know- Big Ben, Parliament, Buckingham Palace--no biggie, we headed to the London Eye.

This thing was awesome. They should have ginormous ferris wheels in every town.
Seriously, get it together people.
We had a lot of fun in our little pod.
I especially like the ant-like people below us.



The next day we headed to Tower Bridge and ate some great pub food.
I could totally live in London.
Fried fish with french fries?
Yes, please.


But really, as nice as the weekend was, and as much as I loved speaking in English--Italy is still home.
Even England is obsessed with Italy.


And just to remind of us how much we love Italian culture, we had an exciting trip back to Rome.
Even as we stood in the check in line with all these indoor-sunglass-wearing Italiani, I thought, "We're back."
Upon landing, every Italian burst into applause. No lie.
The idea of touching down on Italy soil made them giddy with delight.
I want my Dad to fly a trip to Italy just to experience the outpouring of gratitude.

Cheers to fun weekends!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you rule so much, Sarah? Dang. To fun weekends...

2:28 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

dude, I LOVE England! And I LOVE RyanAir!! (well, easyjet has my heart, but Ryan Air is still cool) And I ate at a pub near Tower Bridge too.....and I LOVED it......Strongbow is my English friend :)

and I LOVE traveling in Europe!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Our Green Nest said...

Hey Sarah! Ryan Air is def a good way to travel over there...but kinda scary as well :) - at least it was for us a couple times...People clapped when we landed too but I don't know if that was b/c we were back in Italy or b/c we actually landed safely :)...Did u get to go to the Swan - by Kensington Gardens? That was our fave - and seriously, Strongbow is my English friend too - that w/ some fish and chips - HEAVEN!!

2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, this is such a cute recap of a great trip! lets do it again. -lauren

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home