Friday, June 06, 2008

I'm a professional.



Bridesmaid, that is.
Oh yes.
I am very good.
I have perfected the walking-while-holding-flowers-and-smiling role.
It's a gift, really.

Engagements and Weddings are the theme of my days lately.
Not my own (obviously), but it is the "big news" in many of friends' lives.

My weekend in Oklahoma/Dallas was no exception.
Of course I went knowing that my little Ashley was getting married.
Duh. It was in the plans for awhile.



I love getting to be a part of this season in my friends' lives.
It was so fun to be there for Ashley and get to see some of the preparations.
Like picking out a rehersal dinner dress.



This one was NOT a winner.

Ashely is such a good friend.
We met in 5th grade and she was my saving grace when I changed schools to go to Liberty.
We made up dance routines in my pool to the soundtrack of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
We also had matching pajamas with the words, "Great Scots!" on them followed by two Scottie dogs.
I wore those plaid boxer shorts well into high school.



She was my accountability partner in high school, and always the friend that was just "got me."
So, naturally a transatlantic flight was no big deal to get to be there for her and Kenton.



I also got to spend some great time with another sweet friend, aka the Maid of Honor.
Juliana giggles with me and asks me how I am really doing.
This whirlwind of a trip should have been draining, but she made it so refreshing.


And just to keep the theme going....Claire got engaged the same weekend!!
I am so happy for my bunkmate and Joe. I am mostly happy that he surprised the doo-doo out of her.




My next supporting actress role as bridesmaid extraordinaire will be on August 2nd at the wedding of my pink-loving Amanda.
Amanda is potentially the sweetest person I have ever known.
She has walked with me through happy times and terrible times and remained so loving and gracious.
I have been so blessed by so many good friends being a part of my life.
Can't wait to celebrate the way the Lord has blessed her with Kyle!

Yay for crazy weekends and weddings!

Kenton and Ashley--you are so sweet to include me in your big day. I loved being there, laughing with you two, and getting to see the goodness of God in your relationship.

Amanda and Kyle--my future Dallas friends! So, so excited to see you guys and hang out and be a part of the beginning of a whole new journey.

Joe and Claire--November 22nd!! I will rock-climb, go barefoot, and be granola for you two because I love you THAT much.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't thought of anything clever to post about this blog yet. I just wanted to get my comment on here ahead of D.O.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, you have been so blessed with amazing friends.
Loved the blog and that red dress looks great......

Hi D.O.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I can't wait to be PINK with you! You are a wonderful bridesmaid; you definitely made my wedding day extra special by being a part!!!
Love ya and can't wait to see you soon!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Claire Walker said...

Oh my amazing Bunkmate--I love you so much and I'm so honored that you will be walking in Joey's and my wedding. And, I get to bank on your other experiences--I get the professional! WAHOO!! I can't wait to see you!

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read this!! love you Sarah!!! Thanks for being a part of the big day. It meant the world to me!! go go go joseph!!! When are you back in Texas??

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home