Saturday, March 17, 2007

Family fun



Although we have been super busy here in Florence, the most exciting thing to happen lately was my parent's visit!

It was so good to see some very loved faces in the place that I love!
We had a jam-paced week of sightseeing around Florence, a day trip to Siena and a lovely weekend in Cinque Terre.

First on the list, of course, was my favorite coffee bar. I think I successfully got them hooked on cappuccinos!


We saw all the sights of my beloved Firenze and of course, with my dad here, I learned so much about this place!!
Who knew that Dante, Michaelangelo and Galileo are buried in the same church??


On Wednesday we headed off to Siena. The bus ride was quite an expeirence in itself, but here are the highlights of this adorable city.

The intrepid tour guide, history buff, and all around Rick Steve's fan.

Teaching my mom the art of taking pictures of ourselves.

The main piazza in Siena--Il Campo. This is where they have that famous historical horse race--for those of you who know about it.
If you don't--no worries--neither did I.

On the weekend we went to my favorite place in Italy.
Cinque Terre.
Five little fishing villages built into the cliffs, connected by a hiking trail (and a train -but that really doesn't matter).
We also took a little side trip to Santa Margherita Ligure on Sunday.
See below:

Let's just say I fell in love.

Oh yea, and my parents really are this cute.

Thanks for coming you guys!! It was perfect!
If anyone else is interested my tour guide skills are all primed and ready to go!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

....And you are the BEST tour guide!!!

We had a great time with you too. We feel so blessed to have spent 7 days with you in YOUR city. It is evident to us that God has you where He wants you. Thanks for the memories!!

Love ya

4:55 PM  
Blogger Steve Soper said...

Actually Dante died in exile and is buried in Ravenna -- the tomb in Santa Croce was only added in 1829 by a city suffering severe regret for what it had done to it's most favorite son.

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sarah, love the pics!!! I'm so glad that you guys had a blast. Love you much, ash

3:46 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

thanks steve.
i would have hated anyone to be confused about that.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

yay! That's so exciting! So your parents came AND you had VT? wow....crazy! Rest up girl!

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss miss miss you! If you stay, I'm next to come. Promise promise!

we have much to talk about next week. i'll call soon.

love you.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes - Rick Steves!! I watch his Europe specials on PBS religiously on Saturdays. Haha! I'm so glad y'all had such a great time together. Love you!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home