Sunday, March 04, 2007

che succede

(what's happening)


(Team Flo 2007)

My apologies to the blogging world.
One month in Italy has kept me very busy.
Here's a brief recap of all the fun that's been had.


Matt and Cassie Lewis are back! After some extended support raising in the US, the super fun couple returned with us in February.


We suprised Katie and re-celebrated her birthday Italian style--by going to a Mexican food restaurant!
(Regina and I are so sneaky.)


Kat from the Salerno team visited us one weekend. And I finally got my wish to go to this amazing cafe on top of a building in Piazze Republica. Don't tell me the 4 euro cappuccino wasn't totally worth it!


Matt and I have bonded in our goofy sense of humor.
This is our interpretation of Oliver Twist.
"Please sir, may I have some more?"


We had our first Agape dinner at Nicole's new apartment.
Somehow the topic of mascots came up.
They don't exist in Italy.
Nico learned alot that night.


We did some minor redecorating in our apartment.
Gone are the antique horse sketches and the painting of Lot and his daughters.
(yep that's what I said.)
And I got to paint!!


We met Francesco and his friends on campus one day.
The next day we celebrated his birthday by drinking Perroni.
I still can't believe they sell beer on campus.
(Have I mentioned that ministry in Italy is strange??)


I ran into Berenice at the mensa.
We were friends when I was here on summer project.
She still laughs at the way I say spaghetti, fettuccini and tortellini.


We had a dinner party with Matteo, Simone, Fabio, and Vittorio.
These boys are super funny.
They applaud us when we speak Italian. Literally.
Every five minutes we have to pause for "un'applausa."

So, that's the skinny on my life.
Hope your February was just as fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

what fun italian friends you have!!! it makes me happy to see pictures of you so happy!

p.s. i want you to come and paint something for my house. anytime... you're welcome.

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! And I know you guys are having a BLAST! Maybe I don't want you to come home because then I can't say that I have my best friend is having the time of her life with the coolest people in Italy!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Call me Katie said...

Sarah, thanks for always relaying our lives here in Italy so well. I love it!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home