Saturday, December 23, 2006

Visa Schmisa



Visas.

I have never heard that word more in my life.

Visa
Visa
Visa

It feels like my entire existence hangs in the balance on that word.

It has been almost 3 weeks since we presented our case to the woman in the window.
And we have heard nothing.
Nada.
Zilch.
Niente. (italian for "absolutely zero".)

The Lord knows I struggle mainly with two things.

Patience
and
Control.

So this is just a lovely place to be stuck.

Waiting and not being able to do anything.

I have visited people, read books, checked email far too much, and caught up on Gilmore Girls and Grey's.

I am seriously thinking about cleaning the entire house just to feel productive.
Scary.

I knew I signed up for an adventure this year, but this really never crossed my mind.
If I didn't trust the Lord and His sovreignty, I might lose it.

As a twenty-something, we already constantly freak out about what to do with our lives.
Its a daily battle.
So being back at home with nothing to do feels very odd.
If ever there was a time to freak out, I think now would be good.

BUT, I know the Lord is good.
I will get to go back to Italy -- and He knows when. (and how.)

So in the meantime I get lots of time to think and pray and read and run and trust.
I really can't complain.

He is all over this visa stuff.
Hello! He made the heavens and the earth.
Visas? Puhleese.

So, I will choose to trust.
'Tis so sweet.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

also in the mean time you can maybe consider hanging out with D.O., the third to last person on your links list, ok?

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Does this mean the house will be cleaned before I get home? And I will be home for Christmas!

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm feeling you friend! Thanks for the reminder on how the Lord has it all in His hands, and He knows what He is doing in His timing. Miss you!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah! I know you don't know me, but I thought I should let you know that I have been praying for you and your visa situations. I'm friends with the Roma Stint Team and the Katherine's on the Salerno Stint Team. When I find myself missing the Roma stint team, I check up on their blogs (especially hoping to see that they got visas!) and it led me to Katie and your blogs. Being one of the only American students in the Rome University System, I know how important your presence is at these schools. Buon Natale e Felice Anno Nuevo.

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you schmisa that visa! Hang out with me. Play with me. Help me move. Laugh with me. Go to church with me.

I can keep you very occupied!

Love you, b. And i'll see you on Friday!

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, good news, the Gallos got theirs! :)

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home