Monday, February 05, 2007

Readjusting

America vs. Italy


vs.


The differences are sometimes overwhelming.

The past few days have felt so normal, and that is exactly why it feels so weird.
Shouldn't it feel strange to be here?

As much as I love this country and it's culture, I really loved my time at home.
I feel so at home in both places, but I never realized how hard that would be.
Yes, I miss my car, my dryer, and Target, but my Italian friends make me want to come back time after time.

My brain is constantly on overdrive.
I have five months to really invest and dig in here,
but always lurking the back of my mind is the nagging,
"What next?"

I have all these contradictory desires.
Dreams and visions for the ministry here in Florence.
Adventures and goals for life in America.

Lord, where do I belong?

Well, jet lag+ re-entry= rambling.

All this to say: I am here. I am alive. Ministry starts next week.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Momma says you belong in America..but bring the cute boots with you!!ha

The Lord knows your willing heart, and He will find the perfect place for you. Love ya

5:56 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

boots.... who wears boots?

in 2 years i'm gonna be so out of the boot loop coming from the land of flip flops all year round. on "cold" days my fellow asian friends do the whole socks and sandals bit... it's beginning to look normal.... this is scary.

sarah, keep me posted. NEVER let me wear socks and sandals. take me down kicking and screaming if you have to. you're my fashion hope. don't let me down.

i'm so glad you're back in one of your favorite places on this Earth! somehow you feel a bit closer to me.... and i like it.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Brookie--never on my watch will you attempt such a fashion faux pas. I am here for you. We can set up counseling sessions if need be.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't you miss your claire?

i'm hurt.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home