Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Time in Tejas

My forced Christmas break has been super fun.
I have been able to hang out with my sister, see my friends, shop at Target and eat endless amounts of Mexican food.
Thank you to all who prayed for my visa!
I leave tomorrow for my home-away-from-home.
Here's the run down of a holiday in the US:

First on the agenda: Decorate Laura's new house in B-ham. I was her slave for four days. Sort of.
Quote of the week: "If you stress me out, I will punch you in the face."--my sweet little sister

(What I like to call "Build your own paisley")

Second on my tour: my friend Wes' wedding.
Our "best" friend Charles kept Claire, Jess, and I highly entertained through out the reception.
Highlights: Jess snorting water out her nose from laughing so hard. Luke turning bright red from implying he was going to marry his girlfriend of a few months--to her mother! The bride's (identical) twin sister giving a toast and saying, "Don't you just think they look like Barbie and Ken?!" To which Charles whispered, "Do you think she's tooting her own horn?"

(Me, Jess, Charles and Claire being very grown up.)

Christmas with the fam was next. We went to the Gaylord to see the ICE show and have a very traditional Mexican fiesta on Christmas eve. Hey, we like to change it up!

(Lou and I with a frozen penguin.)

(Family dinner.)

Last, but not least: Joey's wedding and the chick reunion.
This is what I had really been looking forward to. Brooke came back from Thailand and we were all together for the first time since Lauren's wedding-- 19 months ago!! I finally had someone else to share in my fascination of cheddar cheese and Dr. Pepper. We had a blast hanging out in the ghetto Ramada, laughing hysterically, and just getting to see each other's faces. Thank you Jesus for such good friends.


(My Brookie is back--for a little while at least.)


(The chicks with Em and Joey. Can't believe our Joey is married!!)

And so concludes my time in the States. These three weeks have really been good for me to relax and process through things for next year. I am definitely ready to get back to my friends in Florence. It seems like every time I go back and forth between my two "homes" it gets harder. I love both so much and am so grateful I get to experience both, but I don't know where I fit. I feel like no matter what side of the ocean I am on, a little bit of my heart will always be left on the other side.

I will get to introduce my Lou to this other world of mine these next two weeks, though. Pray for safe and smooth travel, good weather and great time together.

Happy New Year!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we loved having you home for Christmas!!! And yes, God has your heart in 2 different places, what an experience HE has given you.... enjoy your sister and her 21st B-day :)
Love you.......

5:08 AM  
Blogger Claire Walker said...

Truly a great 3 weeks. I am praying for your last bit of time over there. I know it is going to be hard to leave.

I love you Sue!

2:42 AM  
Blogger Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

I missed getting to hug your neck at The Village. But know Sarah that I am truly grateful to my beautiful God that He brought you into my daughter's life. Your heart is a treasure.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home