Monday, November 26, 2007

A few of my favorite things


My office team.
The Sound of Music.
Christmas season.
Brown-paper packages tied up with string.

Like I said, just a few.

Also on my list, but not pertinent to this post:
new magazines
warm towels
cappuccino
soccer players
painting
shoes

Back to the subject at hand:

I went to Salzburg, Austria!!


My office team decided to take a retreat and thought why not have meetings on the train and then enjoy some Christmas market time in the land of the Von Trapps?!
Obviously, there were no objections.

It was so fun to be out of Italy and to really feel like tourists.
I never knew what I was ordering or what people were saying to me--it was fantastic!
We got to eat a ton of yummy food and some very yummy beverages.

Here's the team:

Meet Henry. He is my desk buddy.

David, aka Big Tuna, and the incomprehensable menu.

Here's Matt enjoying some spiked apple/pear concoction.

Melanie and I thawing out with some gluhwein.
The perfect winter market beverage.

I did realize that I have an incurable habit of saying "si" to everything. I couldn't stop. It's compulsive.
I confused a lot of Austrian people over the course of two days.
I somehow managed to order my lunch (a frankfurter- yum!) in Italian, English and German.
Oops.



Salzburg is known for it's Christmas market and now I know why.
So many shiny ornaments and holiday cheer.
It definitely got me in the Christmas spirit.



My roommates apparently caught the bug at the same time, because I came back to this:

Meet Charlie, the potted Christmas tree from Ikea.
He's very cheery.

This is my favorite season of the year.
Scarves, gloves, and hot chocolate.
Christmas music.
Squash casserole.
Rain drops on roses...



Buon Natale!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome blog Sarah

My favorite thing is having you and Laura home for Christmas! Hurry...love you

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarves. Unless you are using the word as a verb, as in: "Sarah scarfs down a frankfurter and some gluhwein in Salzburg!"

4:15 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

ha!
i think my typos are funny.
i purposely put them in.
it's all part of my grande scheme.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?? Salzburg?? I'm insanely jealous. I saw a commercial the other day for a new 2-disc Sound of Music DVD with a smorgasboard of special features. I was practically drooling. I sent you a letter - I hope you get it sooN! Leesh

10:10 PM  
Blogger Call me Katie said...

I LOVE it!!! What a fun post! Are you receiving your Domino magazines by the way?

10:10 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

yay for trips!

I was so confused as to why only half of Florence was there......but now I get it.......and that looked so fun! YAY!

that looks so fun!

2:10 AM  
Blogger Claire Walker said...

My favorite is squash casserole.

Did anyone else catch that?

If you haven't had P. Fly's squash casserole, you are missing out on life!

So soon bunkmate!

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Cla...I will make a squash casserole soon!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

cla- i can always count on you to notice the small details. thanks, b.

and yes, life is not complete without squash casserole.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

What a delightful trip! Sounds like a blast! What is your exact return to Texas date?

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, The squash casserole at Thanksgiving was wonderful, but we didn't have cranberrys out of a can, bummer. I noticed you couldn't resist putting the soccer players on you list. We'll have to hit Chipotle's while you're here....Zack

3:48 PM  
Blogger Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

every time i see six chicks pictures, i am so stirred!!!
can't believe you will all be
in same room at same heartbeat...
only about a dozen more Texas
sunrises till
The LORD dawns on all of you...
Deut 33:2,3 - The LORD dawns and it is your Beautiful LORD who holds the six chicks in HIS HANDS...the ones He loves...

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home