Monday, October 08, 2007

Cultural Adjustment


I feel like I have been cut off from civilization.
I have been having internet problems for about one week.

One week.

That's my limit.
Pathetic, I know.

But I miss people. I miss email. I miss iTunes.

Some of you have been frustrated on my behalf.
Mom, Dad thanks for making me feel very needed and loved.


I just wanted to inform you all that you can blame Telecom.
And you can rest assured that I want to be talking to you!

I thought that since I lived here last year, settling in would be no problem.
That just ain't true. I don't care what people say.

I have been in tears several times and I have been here one month.

The Lord is weaning me off of things I think are necessary.
It hurts.
My blog suffers.

So, this is part apology and part confession.
I need internet.
Telecom thinks differently.

I love you all.
Distance makes the heart grow fonder, right?


To dispel confusion: I am currently at the Agape office which is supplied with interent, phone, and relative convienence.

3 Comments:

Blogger Claire Walker said...

Thanks for the update to let us know that you are alive! I miss you S, and am so sad that you can't meet Joe in 37 hours!!!!!!!!

I love you so much.

C

1:57 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

We definitely are missing you too!!! Love you so much- ang

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for my birthday email despite the lack of internet! I appreciate you going above and beyond to make sure I wished a proper Happy Birthday.

Love you!

h

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home