Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Invasion of the Yellow Jacket

My little red head, yellow-jacket wearing, adorable sister made quite the stir in Firenze.
I am so glad our semi-ridiculous plans actually worked out.
After a tearful and unexpected parting in Frankfurt, we were reunited a mere 24 hours later.
No biggy. :)

Laura had told me she just wanted to see my daily life.
So we went to the grocery store, post office, and ooo yay! the office for work.
She was a trooper.

Of course, I do live in Italy, so we squeezed in a few fun things.

Right now though, I am feeling not-so witty so, let's just take a journey with pictures.
If perhaps my Lorelai-like tendencies do return, I might add some interesting captions.



We took a day trip to Verona with the team leader from Rome, Matt and his brother.
For some reason the "power stance" became very popular that day.


Bridge in Verona.
Hometown of Romeo and Juliet


Matt touching Juliet's boob.
Yes, it is a very awkward tradition, but who are we to buck the years of commitment to feeling up a statue?


Lou and our best friend, Rick.


One of many moments where I just totally wore Lou out.


Classic Asian tourist pose.


Little 21st birthday celebration.


My little Lou experiencing the wonder of cappuccino.
And finally understanding why I get killer headaches in America.


Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters....
In a rainy Piazza Signoria.


Dante and small child.


San Gimingnano at dusk.
Pretty. Er, bella.


Emily and Lou so excited to see our train pull up.
We got stuck in Poggibonsi for about 3 hours.
Never heard of it?
Exactly.


Going out on her last night in Italy.
Leather? check.
Tights? check.
Boots? check. check.

Lou, I loved having you here SO MUCH.
No one else makes trains, planes, One Tree Hill, or getting dressed as much fun as you do!

You're swonderful, smarvelous!
Sue

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Florence had no idea what to do with a blonde and a red head!
Thank heaven for good coffee in Italy- it keeps sue in a good mood :)
Love you Sister Sue- thank you for showing my a little bit of your life in Italy...

Love your little Paddington Bear!

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Italy survived Lou and Sue, but can it survive the Bunkmates?!?

Only time shall tell...

1:16 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

Oh how I hope Elizbeth and little sis have a relationship like this!
Love ya!

4:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daddy and I are so happy this trip worked for you two.
Great pictures for your memory book.....and the delay in Frankfort will be a story only Lou can tell.....
Missing my blonde and red head very much.

Love ya,
Mom

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww, that's real fun.

But you forgot the peace sign in the touristy Asian photo...

Sarah, I texted all the chicks last night as I watched American Idol telling them that I cannot watch that show without thinking of them, and that I missed them a lot. You, of course, are a part of that "them".

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home