Sunday, July 08, 2007

Yep...



Its just about over.

I officially have one more day in Florence.
Boxes are moved. Luggage is packed.
Goodbyes have already started.

I am so sad to say goodbye to my teammates that will not be returning next year.
My roommates have made this year so wonderful.
The Lewis' have kept me laughing and loving all things cross-cultural.
I will miss them dearly next year.

But, I cannot wait to be home.
Two months in America sounds like heaven.

Time to see familiar faces.
Speak in English.
Understand a church service.
Have good conversations at Chili's and Starbucks.
Process this year.
Spend extended time with the Lord.

Bring it on!

I know my outlook will change drastically next year.
I cannot imagine saying goodbye to my Italians now.
This country still holds my heart.
I can live without a real cappuccino for two months, but after that.....

This year has far exceeded my expectations and at the same time it has been nothing like what I pictured.
The Lord's plan is so much bigger than mine. Far more than I could ever imagine.
I am just trying to walk forward with open hands.
I literally have no idea what's in store. And, I'm learning to like it.

The Lord blessed me with some pretty fantastic people to share all this with and it just seems fitting to thank them for walking with me. Excuse the following "oscar speech" moment.


To my team: Thank you for incredible memories. Thank you for boldly sharing the Gospel everyday. Thank you for loving me in spite of my sin. Thank you for answering the Lord's call. You are all my heroes.


To my family: I love you all more than words can say. Distance does make the heart grow fonder! Thank you for your constant encouragement and support of the ministry over here. Thank you for jumping on board with this crazy adventure from day one.

To my supporters and friends: Thank you for making this year possible. Thank you for your prayers for me and for Italy. I truly think I have the best friends in the world. Seriously, I could win a contest. I don't think I will ever be able to let you know how truly grateful I am to each of you.

So, set your watches for July 10th.
And watch out, America! Here I come!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Sarah, thank you for taking a huge risk for His glory. II Cor. 2:3,4 a demonstration to many of His touch, His power, His words, His love. You have pointed people to Him and there is no better Love, no other One. You're a remarkable girl, Sarah, full of courage and love, and fun, and vision. I am thanking our God tonight for you and so touched by how you want to live your life for Him.

4:25 AM  
Blogger Dressed-Up Dots said...

Sarah - you are so cool. I wish I could be as cool as you, my closest-I've-gotten-to-having-an-Italian-friend...friend! I'm so glad you get to be home - enjoy!
Much love!!
Martha

6:40 AM  
Blogger MMm&m said...

OK - that last comment was from a blog that doesn't exist...don't ask. You take care, dear!
Martha

6:45 AM  
Blogger Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

thanks for the comments...
have i said lately----
thanks for loving my brookie...
never found my glasses...
lost another pair...
lost my cell in Vegas...
think you are awesome!

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home